garden design love...franchesca watson

I have loved Franchesca Watson's designs for years.  She creates the most gorgeous garden rooms, both big and small, intimate and expansive.  The gardens that compliment modern homes are my personal favourite, layers of textures and greens with anything from grasses to succulents.   Had to share, enjoy.
How amazing is this courtyard!  We used to live not far from this home and also had a high wall that created a narrow courtyard at the back of the house.  I created a koi pond surrounded by gravel and bamboo which worked well in the space too.  But I love the green creeper walls and the ancient olive tree.  Dreamy sigh...
Inspired by the ground cover under these grasses I have planted a creeping succulent at the base of our large gum tree and around my grasses.  Hope its going to look something like the path below in a few months.
Love the way this deck is enveloped in greenery.  A very simple and effective planting scheme in a small space, and just shows how you can have lots of greenery in even a small urban backyard.

See more divine garden inspiration here.