Make your own Beach Lanterns in 4 easy steps:
You will need: empty 2 litre soda bottles, scissors, bamboo pole, duct tape, tassels to decorate
- Cut the bottom of the bottle off neatly
- Place bamboo pole inside the neck of the bottle
- Tape bottle to bamboo pole neatly. You will need a few layers to get a firm finish. Do the final layer as neatly as possible and trim with scissors.
- Tie two tassels to the base of the bottle neck to finish.
- Stand lanterns by pushing the poles into the sand and patting down the base securely so they don't fall over.
- Fill the base of the bottle with a cup full of sand, and press candle into the sand so that it stands upright firmly and the flame won't touch the sides.
- The sand will catch melted wax and support the candle, we don't want lanterns melting or catching alight mid party!
- If you are in a no fire area replace candles with battery tea light candles for a similar and fire safe effect.
Enjoy!!! I would love to see how yours turned out, take a pic and share them with me on Instagram at #beachlantern