Her own home is a huge inspiration to me as we continue to tackle the renovation of our little cottage.
Next time we visit there is lots to do:
- finish painting the living room and kitchen (a big job given how dilapidated the house is and how much prep these rooms still need).
- make cushions for the new dining bench seat
- make coat rack
- hang and hem curtains in the bedroom and living room (a monster undertaking that I will share with you soon)
- paint some abstract art for the mantle (and try style it like I am Kara Rosenlund)
- decide whether to retile or paint the kitchen backsplash, I am a little afraid of taking the tiles off
- fix the outdoor laundry, starting with fixing the leaky roof it will need a new ceiling, and new cement floor and an enormous clean
- paint the exterior black and add white trim to the windows
- covert an old apple crate (found in the shed) to a herb garden
- finish the bedside lamps, think exposed bulbs and yellow cord
- make a copper pipe wall mounted lamp for the living room
I need a break just thinking about it. I am looking forward to being at the other end of the to do list and sharing the finished product with you all.