Recently I made them with Miss J for the first time, you can see her "helping" me with the butter. It is a great recipe to make with children because the dough is rolled into little balls, perfect for little hands. To make you own follow the simple recipe below, and enjoy.
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 250g butter - softened to room temperature
- teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 packet (80g) pecan nuts - broken into pieces
- 4 heaped tablespoons of icing sugar
- icing sugar for dusting (around 2 cups in all)
- Cream butter and sugar until well blended
- Add vanilla essence & blend
- Add flour and mix until a rough dough forms
- I do all the steps above in my food processor
- Add the pecan nuts and mix the dough gently until all flour is blended. Be gentle, this dough doesn't like to be overworked.
- Roll into bite size balls.
- Place in an oven preheated to 200C and bake until they are golden but not brown - around 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool
- Once totally cool roll in icing sugar and store in a well sealed jar or tin
Now simply enjoy with your tea or coffee. Mmm mmm
Found the lovely birdie cookie jar at my favourite $2 shop. I am going to take it to the cottage on our farm to store holiday biscuits for my own children, hopefully creating the holiday biscuit memories all over again.